[omniORB] About ipv6 support

Zhao, Jason jason.zhao at lmco.com
Mon May 15 12:22:31 BST 2006

Duncan,

I downloaded and installed omniORB 4.1.0 beta 1 this morning. It worked
fine for ipv4. But when I changed the file omniORB.cfg to use an IPv6
address as follows,

InitRef = NameService=corbaname::1.2@[2001:411:2:5:1::]

it failed when starting the naming service with the error message:

[root at CONVERTER-T bin]# ./omniNames -start
omniORB: ORB_init failed: Bad parameter
(NameService=corbaname::[2001:411:2:5:1::]) for ORB configuration option
InitRef, reason: Invalid argument, expect <ObjectID>=<ObjectURI>
Failed to initialise the ORB.

Any clue about what's wrong here? I tried 2001:411:2:5:1:: and
[2001:411:2:5:1::], same result.

Thank you.

Jason