[omniORB] Destroying itself

Wernke zur Borg wernke.zur.borg at vega.de
Mon May 15 09:26:49 BST 2006

________________________________

	From: Attila Czigány [mailto:atteeharp at gmail.com]
	Sent: 10 May 2006 17:48
	To: Wernke zur Borg
	Cc: omniorb-list
	Subject: Re: [omniORB] Destroying itself

	[...]
	I remove_ref() always after activation, why leave the work over, I thougth others do it the same way.
	[...]

Just one comment to this: Of course you should call _remove_ref() as soon as you do not need the servant any longer for your own purpose. This may often be right after its activation, in cases where only the client accesses it. In this case you can (and should) call _remove_ref() straight away. But if the servant has its "own life", e.g. as in my case it sends notifications to a client's listener object without being invoked by the client, you should not call _remove_ref() until you really do not need the object for your own (i.e. the server's) purpose.

Regards, Wernke