[omniORB] Exception trying to start new thread (HPUX Itanium build for 32-bit)

Vuong, Van vvuong at filenet.com
Thu Jun 29 11:28:54 BST 2006

Hi all,

I have a version of omniORB built for 32-bit on the HPUX Itanium to work
with our product (since this a few dependency that are built on 32-bit).

I got the build instruction from
http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2005-January/02628
7.html
<http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2005-January/0262
87.html>

and modify the following 2 flags:

1.	Change -DD64 to -DD32: 32 bits
2.	Remove - fpwidetypes due to the following compiler errors

Capture a few errors:
"../../../../include/omniORB4/dynAny.h", line 160: error #2135:
namespace "CORBA" has no member "LongDoubleSeq"
"../../../../include/omniORB4/dynAny.h", line 180: error #2135:
namespace "CORBA" has no member "LongDoubleSeq"
2 errors detected in the compilation of "anonObject.cc".

I then link this to 2 of our programs, one serves as an ORB server and
the other an ORB client.

The ORB client part works.

The ORB server, upon start up, gives this error

omniORB: Exception trying to start new thread.

I put the debugger on the server, run gdb info threads and see only 1
thread sitting in omni_condition::wait.

There is no thread waiting on polling the socket.

The settings for our ORB server are:

{"threadPerConnectionPolicy", "0" },

{"maxServerThreadPoolSize", "2"},

I have our product works on NT, Solaris, HPUX - PARISC (using
hppa_hpux_11.00.mk).

Version of omniORB: 4.0.7

Version of python: 1.5.2

Any help is appreciated,