[omniORB]---pass CORBA::wstring parameter in function defined in IDL

Luke Deller ldeller at xplantechnology.com
Mon Jun 26 17:47:01 BST 2006

Hi Haipeng,

> In our real application, I defined an interface which has a
> function to pass the wstring, but the client throws an exception
> "BAD_PARAM_WCharTCSNotKnown" when it called the server.

There are different ways that a wstring can be encoded for communication
between ORBs.  This exception is raised by the client ORB when it cannot
determine what encoding is expected by the server ORB.  Usually this
happens when your object reference did not come from the server ORB (eg
if you used a corbaloc: URL).

So if you want to pass a wstring to an object, then get your object
reference from a factory object or name service.

Regards,
Luke.

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of XPlan Technology.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the
information provided before loading onto any computer system.
Xplan Technology does not warrant that the
information is free of a virus or any other defect or error.