[omniORB]---pass CORBA::wstring parameter in function defined in IDL

Haipeng haipeng.jiang at combuilder.com.sg
Mon Jun 26 15:24:22 BST 2006

Hi, All,

In our real application, I defined an interface which has a function to pass
the wstring, but the client throws an exception "BAD_PARAM_WCharTCSNotKnown"
when it called the server.

The interface is,

module TA_Base_Core

{

.

            void registerManagedProcess( in IManagedProcessCorbaDef
p_managedProcess,

                                         in ProcessId p_processId,

                                         in unsigned long applicationType,

                                         in wstring entity)

                raises( ProcessRunningException, FailedToRegisterException);

        }

..

}

Does anybody know when and why this error occur?

Env: OS is windows 2000, VC++ 6.0 with service pack 6.0, omniORB lib is
4.0.5 version.

Thanks

Haipeng