[omniORB] omniORB python supplier apparently disconnecting external consumer from event channel?

Joe Bronkema joseph.d.bronkema at lmco.com
Fri Jun 23 12:09:20 BST 2006

K. Workman wrote:

> Everything  works perfectly on my office computer.
>
> However, when I attempt to execute the same programs (both the
> existing Java and my new Python work) on my laptop, it does NOT work.
> It exhibits the following symptoms when the Python supplier attempts
> to send a message.

> To summarize, everything works as expected until I attempt to send a
> message from the Python supplier. Then, as far as I've been able to
> determine, the Java consumer no longer sees messages on the event
> channel. Until it is restarted, that is. It is as though the Python
> supplier is somehow disconnecting the Java Consumer.
>
> Since the problem does NOT occur on my office PC, but ONLY on my
> laptop, I'm assuming that something is not right in my configuration
> (environment variables). So far, a comparison between my two
> environments has not revealed much.

You don't say what notification service implementation you're using, so
I don't know what options you have here, but have you tried logging
what's going on in the notification service process?

Also, taking a stab in the dark here, does your laptop have multiple
network interfaces?  If so, does the problem still occur if you disable
all but one?