[omniORB] Unable to create an endpoint

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Dec 13 18:11:04 GMT 2006

On Monday 11 December, "Roloff, Craig A" wrote:

> We upgraded omniORB on our HP-UX 11i system from version 4.0.3 to
> 4.1.0;  the new version built without incident.

[...]
> omniORB: Instantiate endpoint 'giop:tcp::0'
> omniORB: Error: Unable to create an endpoint of this description:
> giop:tcp::0

It's probably due to the new IPv6 support.

Does it work if you run with -ORBendPoint giop:tcp:0.0.0.0: to force
just IPv4?

You might try running configure with --disable-ipv6

If those things help, it is indeed an IPv6 issue. Do you think your OS
should support IPv6?  If so, we need to look into why it isn't working.
If not, we need to look into why configure thought it would work.