[omniORB] string_to_object

Gary Duzan gduzan at bbn.com
Sat Sep 24 21:16:59 BST 2005

In Message <2198432305092313037b4d54bb at mail.gmail.com> ,
   Greg Trimble <gtrimble at gmail.com> wrote:

=>I'm running omniorb python on OS X Tiger and when using
=>string_to_object to convert an IOR sequence of numbers to an object
=>reference, I get the following error:
=>
=>" File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/CORBA.py", line 474, in
=>string_to_object
=>
=>omniORB.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: Minor: BAD_PARAM_BadSchemeName, COMPLETED_NO."
=>
=>This is when I'm running one servant and then start the client with
=>the IOR as an argument (argv[1]).  I've seen this done in many
=>examples, so I believe it should be fine.  Anyone have any ideas?

   It is likely a problem with the specific IOR. Try printing the
repr(argv[1]) to see if it has what you think it should have, and
run the IOR through the "catior" utility to see what is in it.

					Gary Duzan
					BBN Technologies