[omniORB] string_to_object

Greg Trimble gtrimble at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:03:49 BST 2005

I'm running omniorb python on OS X Tiger and when using
string_to_object to convert an IOR sequence of numbers to an object
reference, I get the following error:

" File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/CORBA.py", line 474, in
string_to_object

omniORB.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: Minor: BAD_PARAM_BadSchemeName, COMPLETED_NO."

This is when I'm running one servant and then start the client with
the IOR as an argument (argv[1]).  I've seen this done in many
examples, so I believe it should be fine.  Anyone have any ideas?

I'm calling the function with something like:

-------
orb = CORBA.ORB_init(sys.argv,CORBA.ORB_ID)
str_ior = sys.argv[1]
server = orb.string_to_object(str_ior)   #This is the line that gets the error.
-------

Thanks in advance.