[omniORB] OS X Tiger Compilation

Greg Trimble gtrimble at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:23:33 BST 2005

Hello,

I'm new to this list but was searching previous months' posts and
found this one concerning posix.cc and osx.  I did what the person
suggested, but I still get errors about gettimeofday and usleep.  Has
anyone had any luck with the compile on Tiger?

Here's the message I found:

"Hi,

            I was installing omniorb vs 4.06 into a Mac OSX 10.4,
launching "make" instruction after "configure". "make" failed in
executing file "posix.cc" at line 882, 'cause "gettimeofday" is not
defined on this scope.

The bug is that in line 81, just before including <sys/time.h>, I had to
add:

|| define (__darwin__)

Now it seems to work fine.

Regards."