[omniORB] OmniNames patch

Alex Tingle alex.tingle at bronermetals.com
Wed Sep 7 13:25:01 BST 2005

Hi Jorge,

omniEvents used to have exactly the same behaviour, and I too was
dissatisfied with it. I changed omniEvents to treat its "-start"
parameter (actually -p) like this:

  If there is no logfile then create one.

  If there is a logfile and the port in the file matches the start
parameter, then start up as normal: ignore the parameter.

  If there is a logfile and the port in the file DOES NOT match the
start parameter, then quit with an error.

I feel that this gets the balance right between convenience and
preserving the way it works now.

-Alex

--
Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer... not a mind reader!