[omniORB] Dual NIC problem

Shawn LaMaster shawn at lamaster.com
Wed Nov 2 13:20:37 GMT 2005

	We have solved our dual NIC configuration problem.  It really
appears that OmniOrb 4.0.6 (and 3.0)  has a bug.  If the network
configuration for the NIC the OmniOrb is using is first in the binding
order, then it behaves properly - it sends the hostname and
specified port from the endpoint registry setting and opens that port
for listening. If it is NOT first in the binding order, it sends the
hostname and port specified in the endpoint but does NOT actually
open that port it for listening, but instead opens random port
addresses. First bind position works fine, second bind position
does not.

Shawn LaMaster
PRIME Analytics, LLC
www.prime-analytics.com