[omniORB] Choosing specific end-points

Vladislav Vrtunski vladislav.vrtunski at dmsgroup.co.yu
Fri Apr 1 17:28:42 BST 2005

Hello,

We are using omniORB to build server that needs to be fail safe. Our
clients are connected with servants via references with two end-points.
Each end-point has its own tcp/ip connection. The reason why we are
using such references is redundant network architecture (two LAN
adapters on each computer, two independent switches), i.e. two LANs : A
and B. One end-point within the reference is used to reach the server
over network A, while the other one is used to reach the server over
network B.

Question:
Is it possible to manage and choose specific end-point within the
reference which will be used for further remote calls? As we know,
omniORB automatically manages these end-points without our influence.
What we need is a way to programmatically force omniORB to switch
end-points.

Regards,

--
Vladislav Vrtunski