[omniORB] Choosing specific end-points

Wernke zur Borg Wernke.zur.Borg at vega.de
Mon Apr 4 11:23:13 BST 2005

I do not believe you can switch endpoints at runtime, although I would love
to hear a different statement.

My solution for the very same problem is a server process that listens on a
corbaloc URI and then spawns a new process for each client. Each client
process is started with the appropriate endpoint setting that is valid for
that client.

This scheme requires that each client identifies himself during the initial
connection. For example, you could design your IDL such that the client has
to specify his IP address from which you can derive the correct endpoint to
serve the client.

Although initially intended I have not found a way to intercept the incoming
message for the client's IP, which would have been the ideal solution.

Wernke