[omniORB] Basic Question--static port problem

Debasree Saha debasree at geosci.uchicago.edu
Fri Jun 25 11:56:28 BST 2004

HI,

I am trying to run a simple Hello program across the network, but
having problem setting up the static port . The omni naming service is
working on the default port 2809 but on starting the server, the
generated IOR picks up random port greater then 50000. I have tried to
setup the static port on the server code, but it doesn't seem to work.
I am trying to run the server on a Mac OS X server and using omniORB
4.0.3.

Here is the part of the server code which should set the static port
for the IOR.

  java.util.Properties props = new java.util.Properties();
props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBpoa_iiop_port", "50011");
ORB orb = ORB.init(args, props);

What am I doing wrong?

How can I setup so that the port number of the IOR published by the
server always uses the same port number?
  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Debasree