[omniORB] Authentication; Garbage Collection

Alex Suzuki ml at cynox.ch
Thu Jul 22 21:24:37 BST 2004

Duncan,

Duncan Grisby wrote:
 > No, because you have a database. As long as you persist the object
 > state before you evict the servant, it doesn't matter if a servant is
 > evicted when the associated object reference is still held by a
 > client. If a client tries to use the object, the servant will be
 > reactivated and populated from the data in the database.

How do I accomplish this (reactivating the servant and populating it
with data from the DB)? When do I have to do this, and where?

Say I have my (by now famous) Person interface which has a method
doThis() and it is called on a reference to a servant that has been
evicted. Do I have to do this reinternalization for every method or
is there a transparent way to do it? Again, I'm sorry for asking these
(possibly stupid) questions, a simple keyword or reference to a
paragraph in some spec. will do fine.

cheers,
   Alex
--
Alex Suzuki | as at cynox.ch | http://n.ethz.ch/student/asuzuki/
"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy