[omniORB] Authentication; Garbage Collection

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Jul 22 18:22:31 BST 2004

On Thursday 22 July, "Alex Suzuki \(ML\)" wrote:

> I think I know what the Evictor pattern is, do you mean something similar
> to page replacement strategies found in operating systems? Like LRU, FIFO
> etc.?

Yes,

>   Isn't this problematic aswell? (Like objects being deallocated or
> without clients knowledge)

No, because you have a database. As long as you persist the object
state before you evict the servant, it doesn't matter if a servant is
evicted when the associated object reference is still held by a
client. If a client tries to use the object, the servant will be
reactivated and populated from the data in the database.