[omniORB] IDL support for automake

Alex Tingle alex.omniorb at firetree.net
Sat Jul 17 01:17:34 BST 2004

Hi Vlado,

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:06:13 +0300
Vladimir Panov <gbr at voidland.org> wrote:
> I have written a patch for automake to support IDL and some ORB
> detection autoconf scripts. You can find it here:
>
> http://autotools-idl.sourceforge.net/
>
> I hope someone finds it useful :-)

Did you look at my omniORB Autoconf macros? They works for a variety of
compilers on a variety of platforms:

  http://www.firetree.net/omnievents/aclocal.d/index.html

Or the GradSoft ones?

  http://corbaconf.kiev.ua

Your macros only seem to work on Linux-like platforms. For example, you
seem to assume that shared libraries always have the extension .so,
whilst in fact they are .a on AIX and .sl on HPUX.

On the other hand, my macros don't detect MICO, the Gradsoft ones are a
bit weak, and the Orbframe project seems to be a bit dead!

Perhaps we can work together?

-Alex Tingle