[omniORB] SystemException

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Jul 13 18:37:28 BST 2004

On Tuesday 6 July, Baron Moenghausen wrote:

> Well, I've read README in .../src/examples/echo directory with a maximum
> of my best attention and I do the same things that mentioned there.
> Well, can the echo eg2 example works with omniORB.cfg which made
> directly from sample.cfg (i mean without changes)?.

The eg2 example does not rely on any configuration of anything. It
will work fine with no omniORB.cfg file, or with one based on
sample.cfg.

> Actually I haven't the running echo eg2.
> Let's take a look at this:
> in eg2_impl: "omniORB: giopRendezvouser task execute for
> giop:tcp:200.1.1.200:39968"
> and in eg2_clt I see: "omniORB: Client attempt to connect to
> giop:tcp:200.1.1.200:39199"
> Question:
> Is it correct way of communication?

That shows that the client is trying to connect to a different port to
the one the server is running on. Are you sure that you are running
eg2_impl _at the same time_ as eg2_clt, and that you are correctly
cutting and pasting the IOR printed by eg2_impl onto eg2_clt's command
line?