[omniORB] Fwd: How to make an application which is both an omniorb client and TAO server

Richard Neswold neswold at fnal.gov
Thu Jul 1 13:46:02 BST 2004

Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> I somehow missed this thread; sorry. Duncan pointed out the reasons why
> keeping the server as-is made sense to me. No slap at omniORB was
> intended; I'd recommend one over the other only on required features and
> portability, not on stability or robustness since both TAO and omniORB
> are good ORBs imho.

When I read the original message, I mistook it to mean she was writing a
bridging app and the fundamental ORB wasn't decided upon yet. Since it's
already written using TAO, then I fully understand Thomas' recommendation.

I apologize for derailing the discussion.

--

Rich Neswold

Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Accelerator Div/Controls Dept