[omniORB] Fwd: How to make an application which is both an omniorb client and TAO server

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Thu Jul 1 10:42:28 BST 2004

>>I'm curious why you'd prefer TAO for the server, instead of omniORB.
>>(I've used omniORB and MICO to familiarize myself with CORBA and haven't
>>yet tried TAO.)
> ... Much though I'd like omniORB to take over the
> world, I think Thomas' advice is correct here.

I somehow missed this thread; sorry. Duncan pointed out the reasons why
keeping the server as-is made sense to me. No slap at omniORB was
intended; I'd recommend one over the other only on required features and
portability, not on stability or robustness since both TAO and omniORB
are good ORBs imho.

                        - Tom