[omniORB] timeout on location forwarded object reference

Lee, Robert C. rc.lee at ngc.com
Wed Feb 11 14:15:56 GMT 2004

Yes, it does repeatedly throw giopStream, reverting, invocation etc, etc.

I solved this problem by installing an handler:

omniORB::installTransientExceptionHandler (0, my_transient_handler);

CORBA::Boolean my_transient_handler(void* cookie,
        CORBA::ULong retries,
        const CORBA::TRANSIENT& ex)
{
   if (retries >= 3)
        return false;
   else
        return true;
}

Now, after 3 tries, I get an exception thrown that I can catch and handle.
Perhaps my trying to use the timeout features didn't work, so I did this
instead.

Is my approach the correct one or was I just lucky?

Thanks,
Robert