[omniORB] omniNames + bidir = Detected GIOP 1.2 protocol error in input message

Scott Robertson srobertson at codeit.com
Tue Apr 27 15:43:43 BST 2004

I'm working with the latest copy of omniORB from CVS. The one that has
the fix so that python can use BiDirectional IOP. And it now does
bidirectional calls  with a simple example. However, if I add the
settings to my real program, my client gets the following error from
omniNames

omniORB: From endpoint: giop:tcp:192.168.0.80:49000. Detected GIOP 1.2
protocol error in input message

If I disable bidir support by changing the client's transport rule to
clientTransportRule = * unix,tcp

I don't have a problem, but if I turn it on I do.

I tried setting the serverTransportRule in /etc/omniORB.cfg to see if
that had any effect, but I get the same result.

Anyone else run into this? Or is it due to python again?