[omniORB] Bidirectional GIOP calls using Endpoints with Omninames

Young Travis - tyoung Travis.Young at acxiom.com
Tue Apr 27 16:44:01 BST 2004

	I have a server process that I am wanting to restrict all
communication to one port to resolve firewall issues.   I'm using the latest
version of omniORB.   I built the bidir example that came with the install,
setup the configuration and ran it.   The example worked properly, but it
choose an random port to open for the callback.   I added an
endPoint=giop:tcp:tyoung:12340, and ran it again and port 12340 was used for
the callback which was the result that I was looking for.
	I then made the necessary changes to my client and server and then
tried to run it with the same configuration.  I get the following error when
my server tries to resolve the Naming Service which is running on the same
machine.

omniORB: Creating ref to in process: key<0x4e616d6553657276696365>
 target id      : IDL:omg.org/CORBA/Object:1.0
 most derived id:
omniORB: Initial reference `NameService' resolved from configuration file.
omniORB: Invoke '_is_a' on in process: key<0x4e616d6553657276696365>
omniORB: throw OBJECT_NOT_EXIST from inProcessIdentity.cc:179
(NO,OBJECT_NOT_EXI
ST_NoMatch)
omniORB: throw OBJECT_NOT_EXIST from omniObjRef.cc:780
(NO,OBJECT_NOT_EXIST_NoMa
tch)
Unexpected error when trying to narrow the NamingContext.
omniORB: ORB not destroyed; no final clean-up.

	I am starting the naming service on port 12340 (omninames -start
12340).  If I take out the endPoint, the process runs, but the callback is
opened up on a random port.  What am I doing wrong?

named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please re-send this communication to the sender and
delete the original message or any copy of it from your
computer system. Thank You.