AW: [omniORB] omniidl bug

Barthel Marco (MPA/DS) Marco.Barthel at tenovis.com
Wed Apr 14 11:15:10 BST 2004

Hi Sergei

> As a result the original (short) file name appears in the preprocessor output.
> I believe the omniidl itself does not try to open the included files and everything
> works as I desired. I believe this would not have any negative implications to the
> IDL compiler. What do you think ?

I reported this bug also and was very interested in the fix/hack.

I tried it yesterday and it had some minor/major problem:

the directory where the root preprocessed file is opened is nomore added automatically to the search path.

Example:

/firstdir/one.idl     (does #include "../secondir/two.idl")
/seconddir/two.idl    (does #include "three.idl")
/seconddir/three.idl

now in two.idl the include three.idl cannot be found.

I assume the current "local directory path" is generated from the whole filepath to two.idl by stripping of the filename two.idl. Your fix may break this.

The current fix may also break make-runs for some people when using omniorb 4.0.4 in the future

Except for the shown problem it works fine.

-marco