[omniORB] FW: VC++ 6.0 makes error C1010 when the skeletton isadded to the project

Clarke Brunt clarke.brunt at yeomannavigation.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 17:26:28 BST 2003

> ...And then I always get the error C1010 on this file: unexpected end of
file while looking for precompiled
> header directive...

You need to learn what MicroSoft VC precompiled-header settings are all
about, as this isn't an OmniORB problem.

In the normal configuration of this compiler option, each source file
includes a header stdafx.h which itself includes commonly used (and large)
.h files (like windows.h). Each source file is then set to 'Use precompiled
headers down as far as stdafx.h'. It means that the compiler will
pre-compile the set of headers down to and including stdafx.h, and will then
use this pre-compiled version for every source file, making compilation much
faster.

The generated OmniORB _sk files _don't_ include stdafx.h (which isn't
surprising - it's not for OmniORB to insist that your project contains such
a file). So select the _sk files in your project, and turn off pre-compiled
headers for them (it's in Settings/C++/Precompiled headers).

There is also an 'Automatic use of precompiled headers' option, which
_might_ mean to use them only if the file includes stdafx.h (I'm not sure
exactly what it does), so this might work as well.

--
Clarke Brunt, Principal Software Engineer, Yeoman Navigation