[omniORB] Compiling examples

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Sep 15 17:07:23 BST 2003

On Thursday 11 September, "croonen.davy at pandora.be" wrote:

> So I manually made the examples such as discribed in the userguide
> of omniORB-4.0.x. I have then the following files:
> [kassa at edmpc10 echo]$
> colocClient.cc echo_i.cpp echo_i.h colocClient.cpp echo.hh echo.idl
> echoSK.cc
>
> Next I do a 'qmake -project' this generates the file 'echo.pro'
> (which I do not edit), then I do a 'qmake' which generates a
> 'Makefile' and after that a 'make' to compile everything. The
> compiler starts fine, but then I got following errors:

What is qmake -project meant to do?  Whatever it is, it's the wrong
thing, because it hasn't included the omniORB libraries...

> g++ -o echo colocClient.o echo_i.o echoSK.o -L/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt-mt -lXext -lX11 -lm

On this line, you're linking with a bunch of unnecessary QT libraries,
but not the omniORB libraries. There should be a -lomniORB4 in there.

[...]
> Does anybody has a solution to this?

I recommend you write a makefile rather than using some other tool to
write it for you.