[omniORB] problem compiling omniORBpy on Solaris

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Sep 15 17:03:54 BST 2003

On Wednesday 10 September, "Andrew Knapp" wrote:

> i run configure with:
>
> ./configure --with-omniorb=3D/usr/local/omniORB-4.0.2
>
> using the with-omniorb swtich and sepcifying where i put my omniORB
> build (not my source tree), and configure completes with no problems.

You should specify the directory where you installed omniORB, not
where you built it. By far the best thing to do is to configure
omniORB with a suitable prefix, then use the same prefix for
omniORBpy. Don't use the --with-omniorb switch at all. It doesn't
always work.

If you give the exact same configure arguments to both omniORB and
omniORBpy, it should work fine.