[omniORB] Naming service question

Farmer, Neil NFarmer at metasolv.com
Thu May 22 07:46:31 BST 2003

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't get the search to work on
your list.

We're currently using omniorb 2.8 (I know it's not supported here but I'm
assuming the issue would be the same in 3.x), and we have a situation where
one Solaris machine has two interfaces, the naming service attaches to one
interface but anything that is on the network of the other interface cannot
contact the naming service. This has been purposely done, so one VLAN can't
see the other VLAN for security reasons. The problem is we have components
that need to contact the naming service on both VLANs. Is there a way of
making the naming service attach to both interfaces?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Neil Farmer