[omniORB] Locating OmniORB Services via Multicast

Joe Bronkema joseph.d.bronkema at lmco.com
Thu May 15 17:03:37 BST 2003

I also assume the answer is "no", but you should be able to achieve
something similar with some shell scripts and SLP.  SLP is the Service
Location Protocol, and it uses multicast to discover services on the
network.  OpenSLP is a free implementation, and comes with some command
line tools you can use from scripts.  Check out http://www.srvloc.org