[omniORB] omniORB.cdr(Un)marshal() - problem

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri May 2 15:01:01 2003

On Tuesday 29 April, frank grunewald wrote:

> Now I have written another program which uses the stored CDR-coded files of
> the client. As long the data sent to the client does not contain a string it
> works fine. If the sent struct contains a string I receive the
> OS-Message: "... 'read' could not be executed on memory 0x000000...".
> No exception at all!?

The failure is because reading a string requires that the code set
conversion framework is initialised, and that only happens when you
call ORB_init(). If you initialise the ORB before calling
cdrUnmarshal, it will work fine. It's not good to get a segmentation
violation from Python code. I'll think about how to generate a Python
exception instead.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --