[omniORB] future versions features

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Jun 30 11:37:30 BST 2003

On Thursday 26 June, Guy Peer wrote:

> Does anyone knows where can I find a list of planned features for the next
> omniORB versions ?
> I did not find such list on the web site.

There are some thoughts at

  http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/DevelopmentAfterOmniOrb4

Those things aren't definitely going to happen, but they are the
obvious things it would be nice to have. I would welcome volunteers to
help implement these things.

I've currently done a fair bit of work to implement valuetypes. It is
nearly complete in Python, but there is still lots to do for C++.

> I especially interested in standard QOS features such as timeouts and AMI.

Timeouts are supported in omniORB 4.0, just without the standard
APIs.  AMI is a candidate for 4.1 (or 5.0, whatever the next version
is), but it is quite a big thing to do well.