[omniORB] newbie quick queries

JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen) jhje at novonordisk.com
Mon Jun 30 11:45:18 BST 2003

> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:11:18 -0400
> From: Eric Damphousse <ericdamphousse at darwingroup.net>
> Subject: [omniORB] newbie quick queries
>
> mean much) on how to do this. Under COM I would need to do a
> cocreateinstance of the object, and it would start up, if     not
> already running. Is there something similar I can do with CORBA.

Hi Eric.

Normally a CORBA object must be up and running before you can get to it. If
you want your server to be started up on request, you can register it with
an Implementation Repository. I think that would give you pretty much the
same behavior as COM.

You can find a nice paper by Michi Henning on the Implementation Repository
at http://www.triodia.com/staff/michi/cacm.pdf.

Cheers

-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark