[omniORB] newbie quick queries

Eric Damphousse ericdamphousse at darwingroup.net
Fri Jun 27 13:11:18 BST 2003

Hi all,

I have a few questions concerning a few items that I don't have a clear
idea of

1. servant objects
    I have my client on one machine, server on another, up and running.
On the server, there is an object that the client wants to use. Does the
object need         to be running (instantiated) for it to be usable, or
can the server start it up when the client queries for it. If so, can
someone clue me in... cause I have         found nothing (which doesn't
mean much) on how to do this. Under COM I would need to do a
cocreateinstance of the object, and it would start up, if     not
already running. Is there something similar I can do with CORBA.

Hey, that's only one question!

Thanks in advance...
Eric