[omniORB] Runtime environment setup.

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri Jan 17 14:50:02 2003

On Wednesday 15 January, Antai Ning wrote:

Please do not send HTML mail to the mailing list. Plain text only,
please.

> I have download omniORB4.0 source code, configure, make, make install it, so
> that I have a build environment set up. I'm developing in it, and now,
> let's say, I have finished my application development and I want to install
> my client and server on target mechines.
>
> Question is, what omniORB runtime libraries (and other components?) are
> needed to go into target mechines along with the executables? How do I
> package them to make an installable file? Can I use rpm on Linux? What's the
> other packaging tools that are popularily used in Unix?

You need the runtime libraries -- i.e. the .so files installed in the
lib directory. If you are using omniNames, you need the omniNames
executable. How you choose to provide that is up to you -- either you
install them with your package, or you use RPM or similar to have an
omniORB package and a package for your application.

However you choose to do it, make sure you adhere to the LGPL license
terms.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --