[omniORB] Implementation Repository

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Jan 7 11:48:01 2003

On Monday 6 January, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > I am trying to port an application running with the ORB called TAO, in
> > order to use omniorb 4.0.0 instead. I have encountered a problem : TAO
> > has an Implementation Repository, that I found very useful to
> > automatically re-launch servers after crashes, but when I look at
> > omniorb's documentation, the Implementation Repository is nowhere to be
> > found ! Am I right to state that omniorb lacks this fonctionnality ? Is
> > there anything available in omniorb which could do the same ?
>
> No, there is nothing available currently. I'd like to see one too. Has
> anyone thought about implementing one?

I've thought about it to the extent of having some ideas about how to
structure one, and how to make it portable between ORBs. I don't have
time to implement anything myself, though. If anyone wants to give it
a go, I can outline my thoughts about it, and give you access to the
omniORB CVS repository as a place for it to live.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --