[omniORB] TCP Communication Problem - endPoint

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Jan 7 11:40:01 2003

On Thursday 2 January, "Chenot's" wrote:

> I will be running multiple server applications on a single box and
> would like to avoid defining a separate omniORB configuration file
> for each server to assign a specific port.  My understanding is that
> the endPoint = giop:tcp:: will randomly pick an unused port for
> communication at server startup.  This does not seem to be working
> in my case, and I need to use TCP.

endPoint = giop:tcp:: certainly should work for you. I think there
must be something wrong with your machine.

[...]

> omniORB: giopRendezvouser task execute for giop:tcp:162.70.26.13:0

The OS has helpfully picked port number 0 here, which isn't a valid
port. I don't know why it has done that, but that's the root of the
problem.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --