[omniORB] AIX patch

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Jan 7 10:07:02 2003

On Friday 20 December, Mark Zimmerman wrote:

> > Are there any problems to include the patch into the main sources (with
> > compilation only for AIX) ?
>
> I have wondered about this too but it is a separate issue which will
> probably involve extended discussion in a new thread.

The reason the AIX patch is separate is that it involves a radical
change to the declaration order of the operators in cdrStream.h. The
AIX compiler is the only one that doesn't like the declarations in the
unpatched file. We have always been too scared to make the change in
the normal distribution, since we have no way to know if it will break
on any other compilers. It would, of course, be possible to put both
versions of the code in, with ifdefs, but that would make the code
much harder to read and maintain.

I intend to turn the patch into a context diff, so it will work with
AIX patch. Can someone come up with a definitive statement about what
extension the omniidlmodule library should have?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --