[omniORB] BAD_PARAMS_WrongPythonType in deeply nested structure

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon Jan 6 14:03:01 2003

On Friday 20 December, "I-Currey, Jason" wrote:

> I am using OmniOrbPy and am getting a BAD_PARAMS_WrongPythonType exception
> when calling an IDL method which takes a heavily nested structure type. Does
> anyone know a way of finding the particular item in the structure causing
> the problem? Or is there a way to handle these sorts of problems
> generically, like a fill in the blanks method?

There's no particularly easy way, I'm afraid. You can narrow it down a
bit by running with ORBtraceLevel 10. That will show the line of C++
code the exception is thrown from. By looking at that code, you can
see what type was expected when the wrong one was found.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --