[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.1 soon

Gary Duzan gduzan@bbn.com
Mon Jan 6 17:31:02 2003

In Message <200301061354.h06Dswm05425@grisby.dyndns.org> ,
   Duncan Grisby <duncan@grisby.org> wrote:

=>On Thursday 19 December, Mark Zimmerman wrote:
=>
=>> Does the unpatched patch file work with aix patch? If so, my patch
=>> broke that and I will look into fixing it.
=>
=>No, the patch file in the distribution fails with AIX patch,
=>presumably because AIX patch doesn't support unified diffs. The
=>significant issue is that one of you wants shared libraries to end in
=>.a, the other in .so. Which should it be?

   Newer versions of AIX should take either extension; older ones wanted
the .a extension. And yes, AIX patch doesn't like unified diffs, but you
can always grab GNU patch if you need it:

	http://www.gnu.org/software/patch/patch.html

					Gary Duzan
					BBN Technologies
					A Verizon Company