[omniORB] Odd problem: no reply, GIOP Reply packet not sent on some machines

Debian User andrewl@debian.org
Fri Feb 28 01:30:02 2003

I am using omniORB 3.0.4 (debian testing compile) and I am seeing different behavior on different machines.  I am running a client and a server, and when I run both on machine A, they communicate fine.  However, in the same SW enviroment on machine B, the server never responds to the request.  I've looked at it with a packet tracer, and on A, I see a GIOP locate, response, request, response.  On B I see GIOP locate, response, request, but no response to the request, just a FIN.  I am rather puzzled by this behavior.  The operating and configuration on both machines is similar.

Andrew