[omniORB] CosTransactions update and call for volunteers

Scott Robertson srobertson@codeit.com
Tue Feb 18 22:19:02 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 12:45, Duncan Grisby wrote:

> This is great. I can't volunteer coding time, but I will of course
> help with any omniORB internals.

Funny, I was just about to ask you to describe how you enabled
POACurrent (and other local objects) under python . I've noticed that
you've got some pseudo objects which wrap call's to the C++ versions,
but I'm not sure what I need to do to implement one of these suckers for
CosTransactions::Current

By the way, should questions like this be moved to the dev list?

> > We're thinking of calling this project omniOTS and making it available
> > under the GPL.
>
> I suggest releasing any libraries under the LGPL, and the transaction
> server under the GPL. That way commercial applications can use it.

Good idea.

> > TODO:
> > * Setup  CVS  or set  up a sourceforge project
>
> If you want to put it in the main omniORB CVS repository, I can add
> the module and give the relevant people write access (as long as they
> promise not to break the main omniORB tree :-) ). I'd suggest moving
> any mailing list discussions to the omniORB-dev list. If there's lots
> of traffic, we can start a new list. Of course if you'd rather set up
> your own SourceForge project and keep it all separate, that's fine by
> me too.

Thanks for the offer!

I've started the omniOTS project, but haven't got around to learning sf
yet... Really doesn't make a difference to me.

Hmmm, let me think about it and get back to you...

Thanks again

--
Scott Robertson <srobertson@codeit.com>