[omniORB] CosTransactions update and call for volunteers

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Feb 18 20:46:00 2003

On Tuesday 18 February, Scott Robertson wrote:

> Someone inquired this morning about our progress on implementing the
> Transaction service.  I figured now would be a good time to give the
> list a progress report and call for volunteers.

This is great. I can't volunteer coding time, but I will of course
help with any omniORB internals.

> We're thinking of calling this project omniOTS and making it available
> under the GPL.

I suggest releasing any libraries under the LGPL, and the transaction
server under the GPL. That way commercial applications can use it.

> TODO:
> * Setup  CVS  or set  up a sourceforge project

If you want to put it in the main omniORB CVS repository, I can add
the module and give the relevant people write access (as long as they
promise not to break the main omniORB tree :-) ). I'd suggest moving
any mailing list discussions to the omniORB-dev list. If there's lots
of traffic, we can start a new list. Of course if you'd rather set up
your own SourceForge project and keep it all separate, that's fine by
me too.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --