[omniORB] python extension classes

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon Feb 17 12:50:02 2003

On Thursday 13 February, enrico.sirola@riskmap.it wrote:

> I just tried to implement a servant while inheriting from a python
> extension class (generated via swig) as follows:
>
> class A:
>    # is the omniorb skeleton class
> class B:
>    # is the python wrapper of a c++ class (generated via SWIG)
> class C(A, B):
>    # is the true servant implementation

Are you sure you did the inheritance that way round?  The skeleton
class must come first in the inheritance. Aside from that, is class B
a normal Python class?  If not, that's probably the problem, and
you'll have to wrap it up in a real class. If it _is_ a real class, I
don't know. Can you post a minimal example of the class that SWIG
generates?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --