[omniORB] Working on CosTransactions, but need help

Scott Robertson srobertson@codeit.com
Thu Feb 13 00:34:02 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 15:17, Scott Robertson wrote:
> Duncan! Thanks for the help, I've got a few more questions if you don't
> mind.

> > > 1.) I can't compile the CosTransactions.idl because the Current
> > > interface extends CORBA::Current, which is not defined anywhere in any
> > > of the IDLs that come with omniOrb as far as I can see. Looking at some
> > > other ORBs, implementations they seem to just define Current with no
> > > attributes or methods.
> >
> > The problem is that Current is not a normal CORBA interface -- it's a
> > pseudo interface. The implementation of the CosTransactions::Current
> > interface couldn't be done using the normal CORBA mapping, so it's no
> > great loss to not be able to compile it with omniidl. You should
> > #ifdef it out of CosTransactions.idl, and just implement the class in
> > a way that follows the C++ mapping. The same is done with
> > PortableServer::Current.
>
> I'm not sure which class my transaction Current should inherit from. Is
> omniCurrent meant to be used for implementing other Currents or is it
> specific to PortableServer? PortableServer::Current is a a bit confusing
> to look at with all the inheritance going on.

Upon further review of the code, it looks like omniCurrent is just for
the per thread data... And that the only base class I should inherit
from is CORBA::Current..... correct?

--
Scott Robertson <srobertson@codeit.com>