[omniORB] Connecting to the remote server

Evelin Halling evelin@solo.ee
Wed Feb 12 12:12:02 2003

>> I configured
>> InitRef = Pank=corbaname::ip_address:14300
>
>[...]
>> obj = orb.resolve_initial_references("Pank")
>> eo = obj._narrow(VHLMsgRecvModule.IVHLMsgRecv)
>
>I am not certain what you are trying to do. Can you explain?  What you
>have done is said that the initial reference "Pank" is a CORBA Naming
>service running on the ip address, port 14300. That is not the case --
>in fact the trace shows that nothing is there, hence the connection
>failure. Furthermore, you then try to narrow the thing that you've
>declared to be a naming service to an object with interface
>VHLMsgRecvModule.IVHLMsgRecv. If there was a naming service where
>you've specified, that narrow would fail.
>
>What exactly are you trying to achieve?

I know ip address and port number where the corba server is running
and i have server's idl files.
So i'm trying to connect to the server to get the IOR and
execute remote functions.

What should i do, to achieve that?

Thanks,

Evelin

Saada nr-le 1711 sõna SALM - Vastu saad ilusa ARMASTUSLUULETUSE!
Väga suur valik valentiniteemalisi e-kaarte Delfist!
http://www.delfi.ee/kaart/index.php?cat=valentine

Ütle, et 'Ma armastan sind...' http://1699.delfi.ee/?id=14