[omniORB] Windows98 Problems

Christopher Fahey christopher@faheys.org
Wed Feb 12 19:54:02 2003

this problem is now manifesting itself on Windows2000.  i have moved to the
lastest release of omniORB4 but the problem persists.  i turned the tracing
on the server to trace level 40 and the data being output is definitely
different from what was supposed to have been sent.  i have written numerous
test programs to determine the problem but from what i can tell, it is
within the marshalling of the data that the problem exists.

one of the programs i have written has the client and server embedded in the
same application.  there was NO problem sending the data through the
interface.

again, here is the interface:

struct ImageFile
{
	string name;
	sequence<octet> data;
};

interface ImageService
{
	boolean addImage( in long id, in ImageFile file, in long index );
};

i am really at a loss and need to get this working asap.

chris fahey