[omniORB] Using pre-ISO C++ compiler to build omniorb 4.0

Olivier Boudeville olivier.boudeville@edf.fr
Wed Feb 12 17:37:02 2003

Hi again everybody,

I need to use omniorb with an old version of Sun C++ compiler (actually,
Sun WS 6.2 but using option -compat=4), so I fear I cannot use the
autoconf-based installation procedure. I would like to know if there is
a way of handling the fact that this compiler won't compile ISO C++ (it
will not understand the using declarations, the namespaces, and so on).
I looked at config.mk and platform.mk, but i did not find for example
how to disable namespaces (I think that there is a way for
OMNI_NAMESPACE_BEGIN to become mere class or such thing instead of
namespace, but I do not know which).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Olivier.

--
Olivier Boudeville

EDF R&D : 1, avenue du Général de Gaulle, 92140 Clamart, France
Département SINETICS, groupe AASI (I22), bureau D068
Office : 33 1 47 65 59 58 / Mobile : 33 6 16 83 37 22