[omniORB] omniORB Send Error

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Dec 22 17:17:38 GMT 2003

On Friday 19 December, Doug McCorkle wrote:

>      I am using omniORB4 with a client implemented with Java2. I am using an
> omni nameserver. When I try to query the client for data I get this omniORB
> error:

What produces that error?  When you say "query the client", what do
you mean?  Do you have a callback object?

[...]
> omniORB: inputMessage: from giop:tcp:129.186.232.210:8045 252 bytes
> omniORB: throw UNKNOWN from GIOP_C.cc:241 (MAYBE,0x535500ca)

That UNKNOWN exception came from the remote end. Most likely, the Java
code threw an exception that wasn't a CORBA exception. You should add
some debugging to the Java code.

> and then my cpp server side app core dumps.

That's most likely because you don't catch the CORBA::UNKNOWN
exception, so the default abort handler runs.