[omniORB] omniORB Send Error

Doug McCorkle mccdo at iastate.edu
Mon Dec 22 12:28:31 GMT 2003

On Friday 19 December, Doug McCorkle wrote:

>      I am using omniORB4 with a client implemented with Java2. I am
using an
> omni nameserver. When I try to query the client for data I get this
omniORB
> error:

What produces that error?  When you say "query the client", what do
you mean?  Do you have a callback object?

	I don't know what callback object means. I have implemented a
function 	that is defined on the Java side rather than the cpp
side. I need	access to state information about the client. Is this
not the proper 	way to access the data? I have developed a work around
where I define 	the function on the cpp side and pass the data into a
function 	rather than query the client.

[...]
> omniORB: inputMessage: from giop:tcp:129.186.232.210:8045 252 bytes
> omniORB: throw UNKNOWN from GIOP_C.cc:241 (MAYBE,0x535500ca)

That UNKNOWN exception came from the remote end. Most likely, the Java
code threw an exception that wasn't a CORBA exception. You should add
some debugging to the Java code.

	That is what is strange about this problem. All the function
does is 	return an int. There are no calculations done in the
function. I have 	placed a print statement at the beginning of the
function and it never 	gets executed. It's as if the call from the cpp
side never passes to 	the Java side.

> and then my cpp server side app core dumps.

That's most likely because you don't catch the CORBA::UNKNOWN
exception, so the default abort handler runs.

	Thanks. I will catch that exception.
	Doug